Lhasa And Everest Basecamp Tour – 7N/08D
- Max Altitude: 5200 mtrs.
- Trip Grade: Normal
- Best Season: Spring/Summer
- Duration: 08 Days
- Day01: Arrival in Lhasa (3650m): When you arrive in Lhasa by flight, the company representative will welcome and take you to your hotel .An route to viewing the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river. Transfer to hotel for acclimatize and rest. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different color and get amazing photos of the Potala and around. Stay overnight in Lhasa.
- Day02: Lhasa City Sightseeing Tour: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street. Today’s tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace, the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It has been used since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections are the gilded burial stupas of past Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet. After you take lunch and then head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century, in order to promote the Buddhist religion. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve, perhaps the single most venerated object in Tibet Buddhism. Around the temple Barkhor street where you can kora (circling the Barkor street) with pilgrims and locals and buy the souvenirs. Stay overnight in Lhasa
- Day03: Lhasa Tour – Drepung monastery, Sera monastery: In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. Ganden palace is used as Dalai lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala palace.Afternoon, Sera Monastery—It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419 by Jamchen chojey, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 – 5 in the afternoon.Stay overnight in Lhasa
- Day04:Lhasa(3650m)-to-Shigatse(3900m): Today, we have to drive from Lhasa to Gyantse. On the way, the group will pass over the Gampala pass (4790 m),and tourists will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountain and in the distance you have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .We head westward along the lake and drive towards Gyantse. Gyantse was historically Tibet’s third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse). In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum. After one and a half hour’s driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet. In Shigatse, we’ll visit Tashilunpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet’s second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama. Stay Overnight in Shigatse
- Day05: Shigatse (3900m)-to-Everest-Base-Camp(5200) (Bed/Breakfast): We’ll leave Shigatse after getting your Alien’s travel permit, and then drive to Lhatse. It is a small town where you can take lunch.After that, you will drive to Shegar and if the weather is clear enough then on the way down to shegar you will view the Mt, Everest in the distance.After 4 to 6 hours then you will arrive at Rongbuk monastery but on the way, you will pass one of the highest passes in Tibet (pang la pass height 5050m) from that’s pass you will view the whole five highest peaks in the world.Stay overnight at tent or Rongbuk monastery guest house.
- Day06: EBC (5200m)-and-return-toShigatse(3900m): In the morning, you can see the sunrise appearing on the top of Mt Everest, and have a full view the magnificent Mt. Everest standing like a snow-capped pyramid in front of you at Rongpuk, which is the vantage point for watching Mt. Everest. Then you may trek from tent to Base camp 4/km one way or go to EBC by local bus.After visiting base camp, tourists can tour Rongphu Monastery which is the highest monastery in the world (5000m) and belongs to Nyingma sect.After that drive back to Shigatse stay overnight in Shigatse.
- Day07: Shigatse (3900m) to Lhasa (3650m):Today, we will drive back to Lhasa on the friendship Highway. The whole distance is almost 280km and it takes 6 hours along the Yarlung Tsangpo River / Bhamaputra River (the Longest and largest river in Tibet). Stay overnight in Lhasa
- Day08: Departure from Lhasa (Breakfast). The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
ABOVE COST INCLUDES
- 1. Tibet travel permit.
- 2. English speaking Tibetan guide.
- 3. Accommodation on twin sharing room basis.
- 4. Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per our itinerary.
- 5. Daily breakfast.
- 6. Hotel-airport-hotel transfer in Lhasa
THE ABOVE COST DOES NOT INCLUDE
- 1. Client and travel insurance.
- 2. Lunch and dinner.
- 3. Personal expenses such as a drink, tips& etc.